Wednesday 31 May 2017

That sweet uncle

Its 0140 am now. So random. I want to type.
I thought I will be blogging a lot during this 3 weeks semester break but I actually have no time to do it even there is no assignment. (this is the last week already) House works and being a sister to fetch the younger sister. Driving makes me cant do anything and it takes my time. Leo is right, Kepong area is always jam.

I am now working in a container cafe near my house. Its been 2 weeks. I feel good. Busy life with salary is good, working in a cafe is good as I love the coffee aroma. I thought I am going to the kindergarten again but I wish to learn something different. Its my interest too. I knew some new friends and my boss and colleagues are friendly to me. Feeding me snack, making me coffee and teaching me knowledge about coffee. I remember I have mentioned in my first blog post that I don't drink coffee, I love flower tea. I think that little container is changing my mind. I even drank a cup of green tea today. I tried latte and espresso too. That's good, to accept and to try stuffs that I don't used to.

Anyway, what I really want to tell start here.
When I was ten years old, standard four, I had my first tuition class at Metro Prima.
My parents were not able to fetch me because they got work to do so my mom paid for transportation fee to the tuition center, having uncle driver, drives an old van to bring students go and back.

The uncle driver, around 55 years old (when I was 10), tall, freckles on his face, some wrinkles, grey hair, looking kind, always wearing collar polo type shirt.
I am a bad one who cant really remember his face and I forgot his name.
I remember that, when he reaches in front of my house, he honks twice, I wear my shoes quick then got into the van, politely great him.
Then he will chat with me, telling me his story, his wife, his children, teach me how to be a good kid, which place/country he had travel before, asked me to study hard.
He asked me to study well, get a good job with good salary, thanks my parents and go to travel.
He told me how big and beautiful China is, the mountains and lakes.

There is a tree outside my tuition center. He will always standing under the tree, patiently waits for the students coming down from upstairs. Whenever I reach the ground, I see his father-smiling-face, called me to get into the van.
I was always sitting at the front passenger seat and I was the one who lives the nearest from the tuition place so I was the last one to drop off (that's how they planned).
When the van only left the uncle and I, he will pull down the drawer in front of my seat, taking out the fancy sweets and chocolate imported from oversea and gave them to me. He said that he doesn't eat sweet stuff but his daughter always bought him. Instead of keeping in the fridge, he decided to bring some to me. I still don't know why he only gave me but I think that's a sweet action.
He was like a sweet dad to me. He treat me like his daughter/grandchild.

I remember the day he told that it was the last day he is fetching me, he is not working at that tuition place anymore. It was a very bad news to me, I tried hard to hold my tears.
When I almost reach home that day, he pulled down the drawers again, and gave all the chocolates and sweets to me like always. Maybe as a goodbye present or he saw my nose turned red.
I don't feel like leaving the van and it was probably the hardest goodbye at my age of 10.
I was very sad. I even cried after I reached home.
There's no any driver uncle treats me like how he treats me anymore after he leave.

Even though he was just a driver, he made me remember him because he paid his heart to his job.
He was kind to kids, he is patient (from my experiences, taking buses and vans since primary to secondary school, drivers are normally impatient and have very bad temper), he has a big heart, he treats the kids like his own children. I never see him angry waiting outside because of any kid sleepover or coming out late. I never see him scolding any kid. Unlike the other driver uncles.


Today, in the container cafe, a men came in and ordered a cup of signature coffee.
The men has freckles on his face, grey hair, polo shirt, speaks English, using Samsung galaxy 8.
He said he hates 3in1 instant coffee and chatted friendly with us. He looks so familiar.
I was stunned, I wasn't sure who he is but I definitely know this guy.
Is he the uncle who drove me and told me good stories? I thought he looks like him.
Not dare to ask because I was so nervous. My hands actually shake a little. I saw my shaky hands when I was pouring out the coffee form.
This is the first time, I felt this feeling. I feel my heart was beating to fast and I could not speak.
Have you ever felt this feeling before? See or meet someone you long for years.
I starred at him for so long and he caught my eyes too.
I am unsure because the uncle I knew talks Chinese, less confident than that men, looks thrifty.

I used lip language to tell my colleague that I must know this men but I am not sure who he is.
I told asked the barista, Aric, if he knows him and is he a regular customer?
After 5 seconds, Aric said: He is a tuition teacher teaching at a tuition center nearby.
He is not the one I thought but I am very happy too.
He was my physics class tuition teacher (for less than a year) back then.
NO WONDER.
I double confirmed with that men, and yes, I was his ex-student.
We chatted for awhile then he leave for class.
I am happy to meet him. I don't think I will have any chance to meet this teacher if I was not working in the container. Meeting people who you knew before, with good memories but lost contact is a great opportunity.


Its been 10 years and I think the lovely uncle is already around 65. I wish he is healthy and happy. Still wishing to meet him someday. I want to thank him.
Let's not losing hope to meet the one you are longing to meet.



No comments:

Post a Comment