Monday 13 March 2017

DIVIDE ALBUM, ED SHEERAN

I mentioned in my earlier post, Ed Sheeran posted all the songs in his latest album, Divide to YouTube! I found this action lovely because he/ his company gave us free music. You do not have to purchase anything but stream online on YouTube. 16 SONGS ARE COMPLETELY FREE! *All from deluxe version Divide album* So generous. Maybe it’s a kind of marketing to sell his music but I am really happy about it. If people do not have effort to buy the album, just go on Youtube. Btw, did he/ his company think of the selling point of the album? I believe there are still a lot of people buying it tho, for collection. This album is amazing and it is definitely worth the money. Keep the CD/ vinyl nice and when you are old, play this to your children or grandchildren and see their reaction. 

I cant pick my favourite song from the 16. They all are so beautiful.
I watched some interviews of making the album so I am giving some fact about the album and songs to you.

1. The happy songs in Divide album are talking about the same girl. (I believe is Cherry)
2. Nancy Mulligan is his grandma. The song telling the story about his grandparent and his grandma loves it!
3. He used 6 months to complete the album. (He took a year break, half to travel, half for music)
4. He loves Barcelona so much so he wrote a song for it.
5. Supermarket flower was wrote the day his grand passed away.
6. How would you feel is Cherry’s favourite song of all. When Ed almost complete the album, he asked his gf what’s her favourite song in the album (at that time, How would you feel was not in the list). She answered him that he has forgot its existing and told him is How would you feel (Ed wrote it earlier and he didn’t put that song into Divide) So, he checked back from his email, then recorded and added that into the album.
7. Shape of you was originally written for Rihanna.
8. He painted he album cover himself.
9. The album called Divide because the shape of you and castle on the hill. The curves of body shape representing two round shape and Castle on the hill looks like a bar. Ed thinks it makes sense in his mind.
10. Divide world tour is coming soon.

In this album, I love how he explores Spain, Irish, Brazil, Ghana (maybe Madagascar too!) culture for Nancy Mulligan, Barcelona, Galway girl and BiBia Be Ye Ye. I always feeling like dancing when listening to them.









Check the real Nancy Mulligan (Ed's grand) listening to Nancy Mulligan.



Happier is sad and I love the live performance he did during the song release party.
He was totally trying to make the heartbroken people cry.

Dive, Perfect, Galway girl, Hearts don’t break around here, How would you feel are sweet and romantic.
(Cheery is so lucky! Both of them are lucky. They are so cute)
Save Myself, Eraser, Castle on the hill, Supermarket flower, What do I know (I love the lyrics) are about his thoughts.
Shape of you and New Man are very catchy.

Ed Sheeran release Castle on The Hill and Shape of You first because he thinks it will become a hits but he promised that are not the best in the album before all 16 songs releasing. Well, he is right.

The lyrics are all in the description box from the songs on YouTube from his official channel. Go check them out, they are really cute, sweet and touching.


Btw, I knew Ed Sheeran from Lego House and start loving him after listening to this:



My favourite Music video of all time (I cried when I watched it for the first time):



okay dont go too far


Raymond showed me some comments from FB, saying that this album is overrated and the songs Ed made are all the same. Then I was like, OK maybe they don’t understand or don’t really listen to it. I think I am not a crazy fans although my friends say I am. He is not very good looking, does not know how to dance, his dressing style is so simple, and don’t talk about his hairstyle. I just adore his talents, his way to write and compose songs, putting his history, his thought, his family & friends into the songs and his personality. His character inspired me, his music brings me cheer and tears, just that simple.
I would say that if a singer has his very own style, you will know it from his music. Ed’s music has the Ed style, that why you think the songs sound all the same I think. He uses his method to make his albums, and that’s why, you thought his music sounds all same. Lol not sure if you get it.
Just like Chainsmoker, Passenger, Adele, Birdy, Jay Chou, JJ Lin. Their own style are unique and authentic, that's what make them special and stand out.
The styles are may from the way they sing, the way they write or the instrument they play or anything.
Anyway, in my opinion, the first album, Plus, the second, Multiply and the third, Divide are very different.


He is coming to Malaysia in the end of the year! I cant wait for it and I am saving my pocket money and going to find a part time job to buy the ticket. The tour dates (Asia) will be announced in May. Let’s pray I can get the ticket.


Hope you enjoy Divide like I do! xxx
(I wrote this post based on my personal opinion to the album, its not professional but my real feeling. No hates. :))




No comments:

Post a Comment